Fraunhofer Group for Microelectronics
The Fraunhofer Group for Microelectronics, founded in 1996, is a service provider for R&D in smart systems. It combines the expertise of current 16 Fraunhofer institutes with a total of more than 3,000 employees and a combined budget of roughly €345 million.
The wide spectrum of services is grouped into seven cross-institute technological core competences: semiconductor-based technologies, sensors and sensor systems, power electronics and system technologies for energy supply, design for smart systems, RF and communication technologies, quality and reliability, and system integration technologies.
The bundling of the core competences of member institutes allows sector-specific, holistic, and tailor-made system developments based on both more-Moore and more-than-Moore.
The activities of the 16 member institutes are coordinated by the business office in Berlin. This coordination office forms the portal between the institutes on the one hand and science, business, and government on the other.
The employees of the business office of the Fraunhofer Group for Microelectronics are also responsible for the development and monitoring of a common strategy as well as for the cross-institutional public relations.
- Ambient Assisted Living, Health and Well-being – electronic assistance for the user´s individual needs
- Energy Efficient Systems – taking us towards the »all-electric society«
- Mobility and Urbanization – quality of life in urban areas
- Smart Living – living and working in a knowledge-bases society
- Technology: From CMOS to Smart Systems
- Information and Communication
- Safety and Security