Fraunhofer Water Systems Alliance (SysWasser)
In the Fraunhofer Water Systems Alliance (SysWasser) eleven Fraunhofer Institutes have been pooling their expertise in the research and development of effective water infrastructure systems and technology.
The alliance’s objective is to take sustainable solutions for water catchment, infrastructure, and wastewater treatment and adapt them for use in practical applications on a national and international level, taking into consideration the relevant social, economic and environmental implications.
The use of an integrated, systemic approach linking the energy, waste management and agricultural sectors will contribute towards a more efficient and environmentally compatible usage of water as a life-essential resource.
- Urban/periurban water management systems
- Processes and systems for the supply with drinking and service water
- Wastewater treatment processes and systems
- Integrated water resource management (IWRM)
- Analysis and evalutation of water-economic systems