Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft is a fixed element in the German research landscape. It is committed to excellence in its research activities and maintains close ties with institutions engaged in fundamental research.
Publication database »Fraunhofer Publica«
You can approach the institutes and research institutions directly to obtain scientific publications from Fraunhofer research activities. You can also utilize the »Fraunhofer-Publica« database for research purposes. »Fraunhofer-Publica« is a multidisciplinary database which documents publications from the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, its institutes and their employees. With well in excess of 100,000 titles listed, it reflects the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft's entire research portfolio. Around 8,000 new titles are added each year.
Fraunhofer-Publica includes the following documents:
- Magazine articles
- Articles from books or conference proceedings
- Conference volumes
- Dissertations and doctoral theses
- Research reports
- Other publications as well as posters, presentations, etc.
The Fraunhofer-Publica database has been compiled and is maintained by FhG-Online on behalf of Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft headquarters, in collaboration with the Fraunhofer Institutes and their libraries.
Research grant »Fraunhofer Attract«
An idea becomes an innovation, if it comes to use. The grant »Fraunhofer Attract« offers outstanding external scientists the opportunity to develop their ideas towards an actual application within an optimally equipped Fraunhofer institute operating close to the market. The scientist will be offered a budget of 2.5 Million Euro over 5 years to lead a group of 3-5 co-workers.
The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is making 1.9 billion euros available to universities within the scope of the excellence initiative. In addition to the “Future concepts for the promotion of top-class research at universities” – elite universities – clusters of excellence and postgraduate schools will also be sponsored. Fraunhofer Institutes contribute to the success of their partner universities.
Future concept for the promotion of top-class research at universities:
- »Graduate School for Advanced Manufacturing Engineering der Uni Stuttgart«, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA and Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO
- »Bonn-Aachen International Graduate School for Applied Informatics«, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- »Jena School for Microbial Communication«, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering IOF
Clusters of excellence
- »Integrative Production Technology for High-Wage Countries« der RWTH Aachen, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT und Fraunhofer Institute forProduction Technology IPT
- »Ultra High-Speed Mobile Information and Communication« der RWTH Aachen, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- »Engineering of Advanced Materials – Hierarchical Structure Formation for Functional Devices« der Uni Erlangen-Nürnberg, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems and Device Technology IISB
- »Interdisciplinary Center for Integrative Neuroscience « (CIN) der Uni Tübingen, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
Future concepts for the promotion of top-class research at universities – elite universities
»RWTH 2020: Meeting Global Challenges« der RWTH Aachen and the Fraunhofer Institutes for Applied Information Technology FIT, Laser technology ILT, Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME, Production technology IPT.
ERCIM fellowships for PhD holders
Fraunhofer is member at ERCIM (European Research Consortium for Informatics and Mathematics), a pooling of European, national research facilities in the fields of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and Applied Mathematics. ERCIM offers fellowships for PhD holders from all over the world. Topics cover most disciplines in Computer Science, Information Technology, and Applied Mathematics. Fellows are hosted in leading European Research Institutes.
Application deadline twice per year: 30 April and 30 September
"The ERCIM Alain Bensoussan Fellowship Programme is supported by the Marie Curie Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND) of the European Commission"