Contract research is the most important business field of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. Its range of services focuses on the needs of industry as well as of government and society. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft develops solutions of direct practicable value to technical and organizational problems and contributes to the wide-scale implementation of new technologies.
Companies of all sizes in the industrial and service sectors benefit from contract research. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft represents an important source of innovative know-how for small and medium-sized companies that do not maintain their own R&D departments. For our customers in industry we develop and optimize technologies, processes and products right up to the production of prototypes and small batch series.We offer contract research and innovations in all application-relevant fields of expertise.
Studies / analyses
We advise our contractual partners, prior to research cooperation, through
- Custom-designed studies
- Feasibility and acceptance studies
- Market observations
- Trend analyses
- Life-cycle analyses
- Profitability calculations
- Authorization studies and clinical test patterns
- Examination and evaluation of chemicals
- Innovative screening methods
Advice / support
We support our customers in introducing new organizational forms and technologies into their business. This includes
- Testing in demonstration centers with the most up-to-date instrumentation
- Training of participating employees on site
- Services during and after the introduction of new processes and products
- usability services, e.g. evaluation of software and web applications, online services, eCommerce or eCRM and hardware; usability engineering; consulting and planning of user orientated development processes
Inspection / certification
As part of Research and development services you can also access the services of accredited test laboratories and receive verification for adherence to obligatory standards.