The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research is making 1.9 billion euros available to universities within the scope of the excellence initiative. In addition to the “Future concepts for the promotion of top-class research at universities” – elite universities – clusters of excellence and postgraduate schools will also be sponsored. Fraunhofer Institutes contribute to the success of their partner universities.
Future concept for the promotion of top-class research at universities:
- »Graduate School for Advanced Manufacturing Engineering der Uni Stuttgart«, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA and Fraunhofer Institute for Industrial Engineering IAO
- »Bonn-Aachen International Graduate School for Applied Informatics«, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- »Jena School for Microbial Communication«, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Optics and Precision Engineering IOF
Clusters of excellence
- »Integrative Production Technology for High-Wage Countries« der RWTH Aachen, Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT und Fraunhofer Institute forProduction Technology IPT
- »Ultra High-Speed Mobile Information and Communication« der RWTH Aachen, Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
- »Engineering of Advanced Materials – Hierarchical Structure Formation for Functional Devices« der Uni Erlangen-Nürnberg, Fraunhofer Institute for Integrated Systems and Device Technology IISB
- »Interdisciplinary Center for Integrative Neuroscience « (CIN) der Uni Tübingen, Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA
Future concepts for the promotion of top-class research at universities – elite universities
- »RWTH 2020: Meeting Global Challenges« der RWTH Aachen and the Fraunhofer Institutes for Applied Information Technology FIT, Laser technology ILT, Molecular Biology and Applied Ecology IME, Production technology IPT.