The General Assembly is made up of the members of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. Official membership is open to members of the Senate, the Executive Board, institute directors and senior management and the governing boards. Ordinary membership is open to natural persons and legal entities who wish to support the work of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft. Honorary members may be elected from among the research staff and patrons of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft in recognition of outstanding services to the organization.
The General Assembly meets once a year. It elects the members of the Senate and discharges the Executive Board of its responsibilities. It also formulates decisions concerning amendments to the Statute.
- Dr.-Ing. Peter Draheim
- Dr. sc. tech. h. c. Dietrich Ernst
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Nikolaus Fiebiger
- Dr. Alfred Hauff
- Dr.-Ing. Axel Homburg
- Dr.-Ing. Horst Nasko
- Dr. Dirk-Meints Polter
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Erwin Sommer
- Prof. Klaus-Dieter Vöhringer
- Prof. em. Dr.-Ing. Prof. h. c. mult. Dr. h. c. mult. Dr.-Ing. E. h. Hans-Jürgen Warnecke
- Dr. rer. pol. Hans-Ulrich Wiese